You probably won’t be able to hear Alexa no matter what Amazon Echo model you have, that’s why you need to connect it to a Bluetooth speaker. Here’s a step by step guide to connecting Alexa not just in your Bluetooth speaker, but in your Bluetooth headphones as well.
What is Alexa?
Alexa, or also known as Amazon Alexa, in an AI or a virtual assistant created by Amazon. It is used in Amazon Echo Dot speakers and Amazon Echo, which are both developed by Amazon Lab126.
On the other hand, the Amazon Echo is the one who allows you to connect with Alexa. It’s a smart speaker and you can do a lot of things with it. Through the Amazon Echo, you can command Alexa to make to-do lists, stream podcasts, voice interaction, play audiobooks, music playback, and provide sports, traffic, weather, and real-time information, including news. It also uses itself as a home automation system to control several smart devices.
Make sure that you do the following notes below before connecting your Amazon Echo device to your Bluetooth headphones and speakers.
- Place the Bluetooth speaker at least three feet apart from your Amazon Echo device.
- Remember that pairing mode is needed to connect both devices to each other so don’t forget to turn on the Bluetooth speaker and make sure that it’s fully charged.
- The Bluetooth speaker that you want to connect with Alexa should be disconnected from other devices because it won’t pair if it’s connected to other devices. Other than that, the Bluetooth speaker won’t detect or recognize Alexa of its connection to other devices.
Connect Alexa to Bluetooth
Once you’re done following the notes we’ve listed above to prepare the speaker and Alexa, here is the guide on how you can connect Alexa to your Bluetooth Speaker.
1. Open and launch your Alexa app. After that, go to the Devices section. You will find it in the bottom-right corner of your screen. This icon looks like a house.
2. Select the Amazon Echo device that you want to pair when the Device menu appears.
3. In the next menu that will appear, tap the Bluetooth Devices option.
4. Once done, tap Pair a New Device option. This is where you will be able to choose what device should be paired. Available devices that can be paired to your Bluetooth speaker will be shown.
If you don’t know the model number or the name of your Bluetooth device, look for it on the Bluetooth device itself. It’s usually written at the back or at the bottom of the device.
5. Select the Bluetooth speaker that you will pair when it appears on the Bluetooth search list. You can now listen to your favorite music or hear Alexa around the house through the Bluetooth speaker.
You just have to say “Alexa, connect my speaker” the next time you want to connect the Bluetooth speaker again after disconnecting. The last device connected to Alexa will be recognized and will be paired automatically.
Alexa As A Bluetooth Speaker
Amazon Echo devices are speakers that connect to Alexa and to make it even more powerful, you can connect Bluetooth speakers on these Amazon Echo devices. But, you can also use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker. Here’s how:
1. From your mobile phone or your computer, make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on before proceeding.
2. Once done, just simply say “Alexa, turn the Bluetooth on” or “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth” so that Alexa will go to pairing mode.
3. Launch Bluetooth by going to the Settings app of your smartphone or computer. Select Alexa under the pairable devices list when it appears. You will know that successful pairing happened when a notification from Alexa appears.
4. You can start using Alexa as a wireless speaker once it’s successfully paired in your phone or computer via Bluetooth.